Apply for a Vancouver Energy Community Fund Grant
The process and criteria to apply for a grant from the Vancouver Energy Community Fund is below. The fund has two grant making cycles. The deadlines for 2017 applications are May 31 and November 30. All applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. PT.
To be eligible to receive charitable support from the Vancouver Energy Community Fund, organizations must be:
- Incorporated in the United States; and
- Recognized as a non-profit organization by the Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code or as part of a federal, state, local or tribal government as provided by Section 170(c)(1) of the Code.
Note: Nonprofit organizations awarded funding through the Vancouver Energy Community Fund will not be eligible to reapply until the next calendar year.
Current funding opportunities are concentrated on the City of Vancouver and Clark County. Vancouver Energy has enlisted a community advisory board to assist in the selection of grant awards. Applications to the Vancouver Energy Community Fund and/or receipt of funding do not constitute an endorsement for the project. Decisions are made based on the following criteria:
- Alignment with Vancouver Energy’s focus areas (i.e., Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) / Career and Technical Education (CTE) / early childhood education, public safety, and environmental conservation and sustainability);
- Mission, history and accomplishments of organization;
- Financial strength and solvency of the organization;
- Clarity, reasonableness and potential impact of the proposal’s goals, objectives and activities to achieve the projected outcomes and address the need(s) behind the request;
- Ability to measure results; and
- Ability of the organization to leverage the fund’s dollars to secure additional resources.
Requests can be submitted by downloading the Vancouver Energy Community Fund Application and submitting the request directly to Vancouver Energy at [email protected]. Requests are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Large requests may take several months to review and may involve a site visit.