- Who are Tesoro and Savage?
- What is the purpose of Vancouver Energy?
- Why is Vancouver, Washington, the best location for the terminal?
- What kind of community support does Vancouver Energy have?
- Why did Tesoro change its name to Andeavor? Will it have any impact on Vancouver Energy?
- How was Vancouver Energy selected to submit a proposal at the Port of Vancouver USA?
- Did the Port of Vancouver USA involve the public in its decision to pursue the Vancouver Energy project?
- Does Vancouver Energy have an active lease at the Port of Vancouver?
- Do Port Commissioners have the authority to declare the lease null and void if they choose?
- Is Vancouver Energy a refinery?
- What kind of crude oil will the terminal accept?
- Is Tesoro-Savage planning to increase the size of Vancouver Energy or build another facility?
- How many trains will Vancouver Energy bring through Clark County daily?
- Will Vancouver Energy export oil overseas?
- How will the Columbia River be able to handle the additional ship calls that will be added due to this project?
- Will a surge in rail shipments of crude oil prevent or cause delays in shipments of grain and other commodities?
EFSEC Review and Permitting Process
- What is the permitting process for Vancouver Energy?
- What are the next steps of the EFSEC permitting process?
- Why is an air permit required?
- What is the purpose of the air permit and stormwater permits that are part of the EFSEC review process?
- What is the difference between the two stormwater permits?
- Will the terminal cause odors?
- How will Vancouver Energy comply with federal standards on emissions and air pollutants?
- What do you mean by “cleaner” oil?
- Approximately how many jobs will be added by the project? What types of jobs?
- What are the economic benefits provided by the project?
- Can other businesses operate at the Port of Vancouver USA if Vancouver Energy constructs its terminal there?
- Can crude oil be stopped from coming to Vancouver if the Vancouver Energy terminal is not permitted?
- Will the presence of Vancouver Energy displace the wind energy already coming in to the Port of Vancouver USA?
Safety and Emergency Response
- How often are railroads inspected?
- Are there seismic concerns with the project?
- How have you demonstrated your commitment to safety and to addressing the points raised in the review process thus far?
- What rail safety measures have been put in place?
- Can oil be safely transmitted through the community?
- What has been done to prepare first responders in local areas for spills?
- Is the Columbia River safe for tanker traffic?